Friday, March 02, 2007

Today's Sign that The Apocalypse has Been Coming for a While

This is probably the record for most posts in a week but i had to mention this.

So i'm walking through the parking lot towards my office today and i see a bumper sticker that reads, "I (heart) my Wife" buried in amongst the other obligatory bumper stickers about loving jesus and being Christian, etc.

And i know this isn't new but shouldn't i be more interested in a bumper sticker that says, "I Don't (heart) My Wife"? I mean, isn't that the point to getting married, loving your wife? I know it's probably more common to not love her and call me an old fashioned romantic but come on. Do you really need to put in on your bumper? Is that the appropriate place to declare love for one's wife? Are we in such rare and desperate times that a bumper sticker is necessary to set you apart from the divorced and unloving masses? It goes without saying that it's a sad, sad state of affairs.

2 comments:

winteriscoming said...

preach it, adam. how's the desert treating you?

Lewis Cash said...

So true. Loving your wife should be a given. Its like when my students want a reward for doing their homework; I'm say, "Your supposed to being doing your homework, that should be a given!" Stupid kids.