Friday, April 27, 2007

Today's Sign That the Apocalypse is Upon Us

Albert Einstein reportedly said this:
“If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.”

And even if he didn't, the theory makes a hell of a lot of sense.

So imagine my wonder when i wake up to this story on the front page of my RSS reader:
Are Mobile Phones Wiping Out Bees?

A few more clicks and i find this story blaming genetically modified crops; and two (1, 2) more explaining Colony Collapse Disorder.

You know, my idea of the end of the world was always far more exciting than this. Something like a nuclear holocaust in which 9 Victoria Secret models and I are the only survivors and I become their fearless, bare chested leader as we hide in Aruba an begin repopulating the earth...
I never really imagined all of us just starving to death. Presidents and Prime Ministers and peasants all sharing the same immediate fate. And yet, this seems 100% more realistic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not leave a comment on your sports blog so I leave it here...

This weekend was a great weekend in good sports (you know, the ones inside Arizona).

Suns are up 3-1 in their series
D-backs are on a win streak
and the Cards used their number one pick for an O-lineman.

Who among you can deny that?