Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tagged

This feels suspiciously like a chain letter e-mail and i'm more than a little worried about that. 8 wacky things about Adam doesn't really fit in this blog, because, well, this blog is rarely about me. Also, this blog is about things that are not A-OK, and luckily, i am A-OK. BUT, Erin sent this to me and i'm intrigued by it (read: desperately happy to be included) and i think i'll go for it.

THE RULES:
1. Post these rules before you give you the facts.
2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names (linking to them).
4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been tagged!

8 random facts about Adam

1. I was the fastest skater in the Arizona Youth Hockey All-Star game 2 years running. Fastest ice skater...in the friggin' desert. Somewhat of a dubious distinction/backhanded compliment.

2. I take piano lessons regularly...this would be normal if i was still pursuing a childhood talent, but no, I started as a 23-year old.

3. I want to be a lounge singer that sings dirty words to popular songs ie. Total Eclipse of the Heart becomes Totally Ripped a Big Fart, or a gay male version of Piano Man. (John, the real estate novelist never had time for a wife, was talking with Davie, who's still in the Navy...and that's probably why they seem so into each other...)

4. I also think i would be a good stand up comedian and i'm currently working on material.

5. I am colorblind. (I see color, i'm not a dog, i just don't see shades of color very well. By the way, how the hell did we find out that dogs don't see color?)

6. I had a 3.8 GPA in high school and a 3.6 in college without ever doing my homework, reading the required material (i stopped buying books completely at one point) or studying. My 3.8 in high school earned me a class ranking of 185th in my class...them were some smart mutha fuckas in mah class.

5. I have an unhealthy and unmanly obsession with the daily heroics of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. I call them the Trainwreck Trifecta.

6. I was in show choir in high school (singing, dancing, sequins, etc.)...and it was actually a cool thing to do. Nobody believes me but it was.

7. My dream job is to be a fly fishing guide in the summers and a snowboard instructor in the winters, drink dark beer and have a beard at all times.

8. Despite the fact that almost all of my friends are married, i'm fairly confident that i don't have what it takes.

okay, i’m tagging these folks: Ron, Nole, Kevo, Neil, Ben Blakey, and i'm only doing 5 because even these 5 won't respond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is the deal, why would I respond. You just kicked so much ass with yours that there is not any ass left to kick. I really feel like I dont have answers as good as yours so instead of doing my own I will try and footnote a few in your comments.
1. I love sports, but never had the body. My two most glorious moments in organized sports where getting 2nd place in the lowest weight class for wrestling in a regional tournament in 8th grade and catching an interception that would eventually get called back in a J.V. football game where we were already blowing the other team out enough for them to put the 3rd string secondary in.
2. I have always had big shoes but the myh is not true.
3. I love to paint but the only time I feel like my paintings are better than other people is whenI am buying used canvases at thrift stores.
4. A dream job for me would be owning a neighborhood bar where everyone knows your name. This would not be a really ip place, just somewhere that served really good beer and wine and people came because they like beer more than they like getting drunk and they want to wax philisophical about literature and social issues.
5. I am acqiring an increasing aversion to anything that looks mass produced. I love diversity and I am feeling a bit smothered by parts of americna culture.
6. The first concert I ever went to was an Elton John concert with my dad, it kicked ass.

Erin Atherton said...

adam, we need to do karaoke one night so you can put your dirty lyrics to the test. i'm very interested, curious, and a bit frightened.